Monday, October 20, 2008

American Robin


Robin
Originally uploaded by paynehollow
If I can stop one Heart from breaking I shall not live in vain If I can ease one life the Aching Or cool one Pain Or help one fainting Robin Unto his Nest again I shall not live in Vain.

~Emily Dickinson

When I look at ugliness, I see beauty.
When I am far from home, I see old friends.
When there is noise, I hear a robin's song instead.
When I am in a crowd, it is the mountain's peace I feel.
In the winter of my sorrow, I remember the summer of my joy.
In the nighttime of my loneliness, I breathe the day of my thanksgiving.
But when the sadness spreads its blanket and that is what I see,
I take my eyes to some high place
until I find a reflection of what lies deep inside of me.


~Navajo saying

No comments: